Test & Trials Manager | WA-Henderson
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Excellent opportunity to work as a Test and Trials Manager in this key role within the Maritime Sustainment program
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Test and Trials Manager in our team in Henderson, WA.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia. Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
The Test and Trials Manager is accountable for the quality, effectiveness, planning and oversight of Test and Trials activities associated with the ANZAC Sustainment Program.
Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager you will:
- Develop holistic (end-to-end) AMCAP Test schedule (including other Engineering Changes (ECs) integrated during the AMCAP Availability)) for each ship in collaboration with alliance partners and applicable external stakeholders
- Manage and coordinate the AMCAP Test and Trials program across all IPs in accordance with the schedule
- Review and Approve project Test Readiness Review packs where applicable prior to delivery
- Compile Test artefacts and deliverables in a timely manner to support project delivery
- Develop and manage the Contractor Sea Trials Plan in conjunction with applicable stakeholders
- For larger EC programs, Test and Trials representation within the Integrated Project Team (IPT)
- Coordinate Test and Trials activities across the Platform, Combat and Communications disciplines
- Be responsible for day to day management of the Test and Trials Team
- Provide services and advice to the ANZAC Sustainment Program on related technical (Test and Trials) matters
- Coordinate with all stakeholder Test and Trials requirements
- Ensure that the Test and Trials requirements are captured and accurately represented within the IP Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholder groups raising issues to relevant stakeholder(s) in an objective, professional and timely manner.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for Membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia (Essential)
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or commitment to obtain within 12 months of appointment (Highly Desirable)
- Working Knowledge of Defence project environments (Highly Desirable)
- Proven experience in the management of team members including planning for future needs.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills in order to work in a strong customer orientated environment with the ability to influence at all levels. (Essential)
- Demonstrated ability to manage quality output, risk and opportunities.
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain required clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Vinodh.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.