Java Developer (2 positions) | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Jan-2022|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Work on some of Australia's biggest defence contracts
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Java Developer in our team in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Due to growth within the business we have multiple opportunities for Java Developers to join a successful development team within the IT department.
As a Java Developer you will develop, analyse, test and support software enhancements on a range of enterprise systems.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide input into solution and architectural design
- Provide level two and three support to end users of specific enterprise applications
- Ensure governance is followed for internal policies and processes
- Contribute to continuous improvement of day to day task execution and system performance
- Work within a DevOps framework on a variety of tasks and projects
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in providing level two or three support
- Demonstrated experience developing enterprise applications
- Experience in planning, estimating and executing complex development tasks
- Working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Java/J2EE or similar Object Oriented language
- Oracle SQL, PL/SQL or similar
- Unix, Linux, Shell scripting
- REST, JSON, XML and web services
- Source code version control using Git
Whilst not essential, experience working within an Agile SCRUM environment will be advantageous as will knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.