Expression of Interest Commercial Officer | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2022|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Seeking Expressions of Interest for Commercial Officer's with Defence or similar experience to provide commercial advice on our key projects
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Commercial Officer.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As the Commercial Officer, you will be accountable for providing contract and commercial support within defined delegations to assist the team in effectively managing the project and further new business.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide advice and assistance to relevant program stakeholders on all commercial nature issues
- Administration of BAE Systems' contracts in accordance with company procedures including support on contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
- Identify the need for professional input, including on legal, financial and insurance matters, and work with commercial management and company specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice
- Manage and administer the Intellectual Property (IP) regime across the program
- Prepare and maintain contract documentation, records and internal reports
- Review customer communications and preparation of correspondence
- Prepare contract amendments and change proposals
- Support customer cost and pricing analysis
- Coordinate management review and approval of bids and proposals
- Negotiate all aspects of minor bids and contract proposals as requested/directed
- Provide support on major bids
- Set in place export licences and technical assistance agreements
- Review confidentiality and other agreements for commercial manager approval
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A relevant qualification coupled with sound experience in contract and commercial management, ideally gained in a similar industry
- The ability to form strong collaborative relationships in a project environment, with the customer, key suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience in ASDEFCON
- Strong stakeholder engagement, interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Understanding and experience in Intellectual Property (IP) management
- Well-developed commercial skills and acumen with a proven capability in contract interpretation, negotiation and correspondence administration
- The ability to manage and prioritise your own activities to meet project schedules
Whilst not essential, CIPS or IACCM certification will be highly regarded
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal and made online here.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.