Expression of Interest Project Management Professionals | Location - Flexible
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2022|
Multiple Project Management Opportunities (EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST)
- Apply your Engineering talent where it counts
- Expressions of interest are invited for Project Management professionals with a background in Acquisition / Sustainment Project Delivery, Project Controls and Project Planning
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
BAE Systems Australia is an opportunity rich environment with numerous projects across multiple domains, especially here in South Australia. Our aim is to bring you on board and deploy you to where your expertise is most needed. With numerous activities, if you join, we're keen to retain you long term through giving you scope to explore some of the great projects we have. Currently we are welcoming registrations of interest from the following project management disciplines:
- Project Management delivery - In these roles, you would be accountable for the planning, management and delivery of a project using effective project management methodology to ensure the project team achieves the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and technical requirements, utilising your strong stakeholder engagement capabilities
- Project Controls and Scheduling – You could be responsible for developing, planning and tracking project costs, schedule and hours for the purpose of earned value management. We are looking for team members that could be Cost Schedule Analysts or Project Controllers/ Schedulers
About these opportunities
- You will be applying and developing your skillset whilst working in a collegiate, outcome oriented culture
- You will do work that matters, we have an important job to do, your input will directly contribute to the safety of our nation
- You will enjoy job security with a view to enabling you to cultivate the skills that will progress your career
- We have an inclusive culture, your voice matters, we also are mindful of work/life balance, you will enjoy the flexibility this ethos provides
As an ideal fit for this type of opportunity, you will have:
- The ability to obtain or already hold an Australian Defence Clearance (Essential)
- The ability to manage / work on complex projects – Complex is what we do and it's what you will help deliver
- Demonstrated ability to manage risk and opportunities in an uncertain project environment and be able to effectively manage project change
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills in order to work in a strong customer orientated environment
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- Have a good understanding of Microsoft Project and/or OpenPlan Professional 2 or Primavera and ideally been involved in projects using Earned Value methodologies
Whilst not essential, degree or tertiary qualifications in project management, engineering or a commercial discipline and a professional project management qualification with prior experience in shipbuilding / defence projects is desirable.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Project Management and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here:
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant