Production Planner Oracle MRP | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Dec-2021|
Production Planning Manager - Oracle MRP Lead
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Manage the role out of MRP modules and support the implementation within Manufacturing using your technical expertise.
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Production Planning Manager - Oracle MRP with our manufacturing team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
The Production Planning Manager - Oracle MRP provides an interface to Project Management, Production Engineering, Production Planning, Material Procurement, Warehousing and Production Management functions, leads internal improvement projects and is also responsible for the strategic management and continuous improvement in the use of MRP tools.
Specific emphasis is on the efficient and effective integration of the Production Engineering, Production Planning, Supply Chain Management and Production Control activities and the development of process and training documentation plus any other required artefacts to efficiently use and manage the tools.
More specifically, you will:
- The Production Planning Manager - Oracle MRP is responsible for enabling the Project and Business Line Managers to deliver on their commitments through management of the Oracle MRP capability (people capability, processes and tools) applicable to the Business Unit, and specialist support in production engineering planning, production operations planning, material planning, procurement planning, production work release, production monitoring and production control.
- The position will be responsible for the effective roll out of Oracle MRP modules into the operational environment with support from the IM&T Project Manager, Oracle user SME's and various support staff.
- The position will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Oracle MRP framework, deployment and operational oversight of the capability, process and competency within the aligned Business Unit.
- Support production engineering planning, production operations planning, material planning, procurement planning, production work release, production monitoring and production control.
- MRP tools will also encompass warehousing and stores receiving and despatch.
- Develop the process and training documentation plus any other required artefacts to efficiently use and manage the tools within manufacturing and the broader team.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree qualified (Engineering, Commercial or Project Management) OR
- Appropriate trades certificates (Mechanical, Electrical, Structural) plus significant experience in a similar role.
- Relevant technical experience in manufacturing engineering, production planning, Supply Chain Management, production operations and MRP systems.
- A thorough understanding of 'Best Practice' planning processes, methods and tools.
- Ability to train and mentor planners through superior team building skills.
- Demonstrated superior communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers at all levels.
- Experience in liaison with the customers and sub-contractors on technical and schedule issues.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Hector Rodriguez, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.