Database Administrator | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Work on exciting All Australian capability
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Database Administrator in Edinburgh Parks, Adelaide, SA
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As part of the Applications Team and under the direction of the Team Lead, the Database Administrator is responsible for day to day management of all databases, across all networks, used on JORN. The position will also participate with establishing and maintaining policies in line with the requirements of the project.
This is an ideal opportunity to grow and develop in an experienced team.
Reporting to the Team Lead, the Database Administrator will:
- Administer and support all databases used on JORN
- Complete technical investigations on Problem Reports and Change Notices
- Monitor database performance and carry out regular database maintenance activities
- Make recommendations relating to database design, operation and security
- Install, configure and setup new databases and related software applications
- Work using the Agile/Scrum methodology in accordance with required priorities and agreed schedules
- Comply with engineering processes and procedures imposed by the relevant management plans
- Keep your knowledge, skills and DBA certifications up to date
- Effectively manage stakeholders across other ICT teams, other parts of the project and our customer community
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A relevant Oracle or Microsoft certification and ideally have a degree in IT or related discipline
- Experience in the administration of Oracle, SQL Server and PostgreSQL databases
- Experience in all aspects of database management including: design, configuration, installation, security, backups, recoveries, patching and upgrades
- Experience in database performance monitoring and tuning
- Experience in SQL scripting and Oracle APEX
- Experience in change management and configuration control
- Familiarity with Linux (Red Hat) and Windows operating systems and environments
- Knowledge of cyber security and Information Systems Security Policies and Procedures including the Defence Security Principles Framework
- Eligible to obtain NV2 security clearance
- Occasional weekend or out of hours work will be required
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Hector Rodriguez, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.