Systems Engineer | NSW-North Ryde
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Our Systems engineering roles encourage rewarding, tangible and timely outcomes so that you will see output for your input
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts within a Sustainment project as a Systems Engineer, North Ryde, NSW
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
This position is situated in the Battlespace Integrated Systems alongside a select team of engineers providing systems engineering capability within the SATCOM Sustainment Project
This opportunity will see you:
- Deployed to this critical Defence program to supply requisite systems engineering rigour, best practice benchmarks and discipline leadership
- Provide engineering support to Defence SATCOM capability
- Develop and manage system requirements and design including system and subsystem specifications, product breakdown structure, design documentation, component and interface specifications
- Perform system engineering activities including requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system analysis, design, integration, verification and validation, acceptance testing and certification, safety and security assessment
- Embrace and champion the transition towards a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology across the business
- Participate in ensuring that designs meet all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Perform analyses to define and characterise the system and its components
- Utilise domain, discipline and systems engineering knowledge to enable, support and deliver products robustly, demonstrating they meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within a System, Electronics, Software, Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
- Experience in Radio Frequency (RF) or ICT would be advantageous
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience coupled with engineering experience in a relevant discipline
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
Whilst not essential, Systems engineering experience in a Defence environment and a current Defence security clearance will be highly regarded.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.