Maintenance Technical Officer | QLD-Portsmith
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Continuous career development and opportunity to be part of a company that has a strong commitment to quality and safe work practices
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Maintenance Technical Officer in our team in in Cairns, Queensland.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
In Cairns, BAE Systems provides Hydrographic In Service Support (HISS) to the Royal Australian Navy, managing the in service support requirements of Hydrographic Ships, Survey Motor Launches and Survey Motor Boats. Collectively, the team manages scheduled maintenance, engineering configuration changes and ad-hoc support requirements to support this fleet.
You will play a critical role on the HISS project and with our operations team in Cairns, with the opportunity to utilise your experience whilst continuing to grow and develop professionally. This key position will report to the Maintenance Manager and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Ensure the accuracy and currency of Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) for the external maintenance periods and maintenance activities on the Hydrographic Ship Fleet
- Review maintenance task progress completion certificates for completeness and correctness prior to delivery to the customer
- Ensure all maintenance acitivity documentation has been provided and signed by the authorised person
- Report maintenance task non-conformances to the Maintenance Manager and maintenance production team
- Ensure all maintenance remediation work is completed by the contractor within the constraints of the external maintenance periods
- Attend the work site and naval ship to confirm that the completion of maintenance tasks is in accordance with the work instructions
- Identify process improvement opportunities and participate in change management activities with the maintenance production team
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Maintenance or production technical experience
- The ability to review and interpret technical specifications and engineering drawings
- Good communication and customer stakeholder management skills
Whilst not essential, a production/technical qualification or production/quality experience within the Defence industry will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.