Early Career Systems Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Nov-2021|
EARLY CAREER SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Multiple opportunities available
- Work closely with both the Systems IPT and Product teams as they develop, test, integrate and deploy cutting edge over the horizon radar technology
- Develop your skills and experience in one of Australia's greatest Defence triumphs.
Multiple exciting roles on offer within the JORN Program looking for talented, motivated Early Career Professionals to work across Systems Engineering, Design and Integration at our Head Office in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About Our Opportunities
The JORN program has adopted an agile approach to delivery, comprising the rapid development and release of capability into the field through trials, operational demonstrators and incremental material releases, using modern tools and techniques. As a member of the wider systems engineering function you will focus on rapid development cycles that deliver value to the end user more quickly than a traditional waterfall development program.
You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible – World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
This opportunity will see you:
- Develop, design and manage system requirements including system and subsystem specifications, product breakdown structure, design documentation, component and interface specifications
- Participate in ensuring that designs meet all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Perform analyses to define and characterise the system and its components
- Utilise domain, discipline and systems engineering knowledge to enable, support and deliver products robustly, demonstrating they meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
- Work within a team of Systems Engineers and interact closely with teams of other disciplines
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to obtain or already hold an Australian Defence Clearance
- A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within a Systems, Mechanical, Electronics, Software, Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
- Demonstrated Systems Engineering knowledge coupled with engineering experience in a relevant discipline
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- A problem solving mindset and the ability to work in an ever-changing environment
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Ayesha.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol