Project Manager | ACT-Canberra
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Leadership opportunity in a Defence project environment
- Enjoy interesting work, variety, development and flexibility within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Project Manager in our team at North Ryde, NSW.
About the Opportunity
The successful candidate will maintain the goodwill of the Customer and BAE SYSTEMS Australia management, competently manage subcontractors and provide effective leadership to the project team on the MASTIS Terminal Upgrade project.
- Lead a small Project Team under the general guidance of the SATCOM Project Manager (PM) to successfully execute the Contract and is accountable for all aspects of project deliverables.
- Ensure that the project team achieves the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and technical requirements.
- Build and maintain strong Customer relationships by being a focal point for Customer contact.
- Identify project opportunities and risks and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit throughout contract phases. Monitor and report on the status of risks and opportunities.
- Act as a focal point for supplier/subcontract discussions.
- Provide direction to, and motivate the project team on a daily basis.
- Formally reporting to the SATCOM PM on all project issues.
- Ensure that the project resource requirements, to meet current and future needs, are identified to the relevant Function Manager.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary level PM training
- Degree in a related allied discipline or equivalent or related Trade Certificate
- Experience in managing a small team within an allied function in a project environment
- Experience with planning and performance responsibility for discrete outcomes within a project
- Experience on Defence contracts
- Proven ability in contract development/management
- Supplier Management experience
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.