Business Operations Coordinator | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Continue to develop your career within the defence industry
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
About the Opportunity
An opportunity has arisen for a committed Business Operations Coordinator to utilise your Project experience and make a valuable contribution on the Hobart Class (DDG) naval ship program
Located at Garden Island NSW, with unrivalled panoramic harbour views and a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD. This is a key role within our Maritime Sustainment program for some of the Royal Australian Navy's most modern and capable ships. Flexible working arrangements available with a combination of WFH and onsite available.
Reporting into the Business Operations Manager, you will coordinate activities with other teams to ensure Program operations are being achieved in accordance with the contractual and company requirements. You will be a proactive member of the DDG MC (Managing Contractor team), engaging with internal and external stakeholders to develop and deliver key deliverables to the Commonwealth of Australia (CoA) and the Business.
In more specific terms you will:
- Lead the management of administrative requests of the Enterprise including but not limited to: Site access, Event management, System access, staff On-boarding and Off-boarding
- Lead in the operation of Business Operations data tools including but not limited to: Team space, JIRA, Commonwealth systems
- Be accountable for monitoring and reporting progress against contracted deliverables, identifying and reporting risks to deliverable scope, schedule and quality
- Provide assurance to ensure all contracted reports, reviews and meetings achieve the contracted requirements within the agreed timeframes to the Customer
- Use Project Management principles to manage small projects or a collection of discrete tasks including planning, monitoring control and continuous improvement with appropriate PM tools.
- Assist with the preparation for (Life Cycle Management) LCM activities and other program “gate reviews' or workshops held on behalf of the Operations function
As an ideal candidate, you'll have:
- Experience in applying disciplined project management controls that focus on the cardinal aspects of cost, risk, schedule and scope
- Strong knowledge of contract and report management
- Demonstrated experience in working within a project environment, with an ability to implement change and conduct lessons learnt
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills in order to work in a strong customer orientated environment
- The ability to collaborate with and influence individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape outcomes and implement business requirements
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- A degree, diploma or post graduate qualification in Project Management or similar is preferred
- A current NV1 clearance will be highly regarded.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane - Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email to: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.