Supply Support Manager | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Dec-2021|
Apply your talent where it counts in this executive role as the Supply Support Manager in our team based at Garden Island – (Potts Point) in Sydney. Flexible working arrangements available with a combination of WFH and onsite available.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Supply Support Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for leading a coordinated and integrated effort of Defence and private sector organisations and personnel to deliver transactional and strategic supply support to the Royal Australian Navy Guided Missile Destroyer Ships (DDG)
You will have forward-thinking principles and ideas and embrace a continuous improvement culture that focuses the organisation on life cycle management and a through life reduction in cost of ownership.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Manage the DDG supply chain process, implementing continuous improvement to maximize service delivery performance.
- Integrate material support to Maintenance Availability Planning, Engineering activity, Ships Operations, other DDG Departments and external stakeholders.
- Define and deliver Inventory Investment Planning and annual budget for spares Procurement and Repair Activity.
- Understand and drive improvements in inventory performance and optimisation.
- Manage supply support project risks, Program Performance and Reporting.
- Manage the Supply ‘Control Account' and deliver the specified support within the approved budget and to schedule.
- Deliver supply support that conforms to the regulations for the management of Material Seaworthiness.
- Deliver dedicated Program Subcontracting, Subcontractor Relationship Management and task activity controls.
- Enhance DDG Asset Management Capabilities.
- Work with the DDG System Program Office (SPO) Principal Support Manager (PSM) to deliver compliant DDG Supply Management Services.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Deep knowledge, to the extent of technical mastery, of Maritime sustainment, Naval Supply Chain Process and delivery and Supportability planning.
- Ability to form strong working relationships in a multi project environment, with major suppliers and their supply chains.
- Sound commercial skills and acumen with a proven capability in negotiating.
- Ability to solve problems and resolve issues of a complex nature.
- Be a role model for professional behaviour.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management.
- An NV1 defence security clearance is preferred.
SIPS/ Tertiary qualifications in business management and/or logistics management would be highly desirable.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain clearance to a minimum of NV1.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Applications must be made online and addressed to: Julie Lane – Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email to: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.