Health and Usage Monitoring System - Software Engineer | NSW-RAAF Base Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Work on software development projects to support the Australian Defence Force's state of the art Fast Jets
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team
Apply your talent where it counts as a Software Engineer based in Williamtown, New South Wales.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and are still hiring. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia and our international customers.
About the Opportunity
The successful applicant will work with other members of the Engineering Team, under the direction of the Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) Engineering Team Lead to fulfil this responsibility and the specific roles described here-in. The team focuses on monitoring aircraft structures and engines for the Super Hornet, Gowler, and Hawk platforms providing vital information to the Commonwealth in support of fleet planning. The team also develops new tools and advanced technologies by working closely with multiple teams to support the Australian Defence Force.
This opportunity will see you:
- Undertake all assigned software engineering activities in accordance with the identified project directives and standards.
- Undertake requirements analysis and develop detailed design, participating in associated reviews.
- Undertake the integration and validation of the design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports.
- Support qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements.
- Develop software engineering related documentation in accordance with appropriate standards.
- Provide regular status information to the relevant supervisors as required.
- Work effectively as part of a Software Engineering team and provide assistance to other team members as required.
- Assist in the development of project infrastructure such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development.
- Responsible for complying with the requirements of the BAE Systems Quality Systems as they relate to your areas of activity.
- Other duties as required.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in developing application and/or website software under the Windows environment using the following languages and frameworks:
- Experience in Oracle or Microsoft SQL databases
- Knowledge of object oriented design principles; UML modelling and the Software Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of future technologies and associated data warehousing, i.e. Advanced Analytics, Artificial Inelegance, Machine Learning, and Big Data, etc.
- A Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology degree qualification
- Sound communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Currently holds or ability to obtain Defence security clearance of Negative Vetting 1 (essential)
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Adrianne Nava, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.