Multiple Software Engineer Opportunities - Victoria | VIC-Melbourne Central Office
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- A rewarding opportunity to join a growing team working on software development projects focused on Innovation
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and are still hiring. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia and our international customers.
Apply your talent where it counts as Software Engineers with our team based at our office in Richmond, Victoria. Please note we are moving this office to the CBD later on this year.
About the Opportunity
Red Ochre LABS is a hub for collaboration with industry, Defence and academia, pioneering advanced technology and future-altering solutions.
At the heart of Red Ochre LABS are Australian world leading air, land and sea and cyber technologies focused on autonomous systems, hypersonics, space, advanced sustainment technologies and ISREW capabilities. Find out more about Red Ochre Labs here.
We are looking for various Software Engineers to join our growing team.
This opportunity will see you
- Participate in the designing, implementing, reviewing and testing of software components and products
- Manage software component delivery throughout the engineering lifecycle using modern software development tools and practices
- Adhere to software development practices including Scrum and Continuous integration
- Provide technical support to software engineering activities
- Provide software development estimating and ensure delivery against milestones to meet Customer commitments
- Understand, consider and influence security requirements relating to the software products
- Identify process improvement opportunities and recommend outcomes
- Ensure software development meets company and business processes and standards
- Utilise software development tools include Atlassian tool suite and GIT
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Interest and demonstrated experience with development and programming in C/C++, C# & Python languages [essential]
- Working experience in Linux & QT [desirable]
- Demonstrated experience in Object Oriented Design
- Previous experience with embedded software design and development
- Some knowledge and previous exposure software product development
- Demonstrated experience in the software engineering discipline and the software engineering lifecycle with exposure to multiple software development lifecycle phases
- Interest in and familiarity with autonomous systems [desirable]
- Previous experience working within a Scrum / Agile software development framework [desirable]
- Demonstrate sound communication skills
- Demonstrated Initiative and Problem Solving Skills
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance [essential]
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Adrianne Nava, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here:https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.