Modelling and Simulation Engineer | SA-DSTG
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your skill in modelling and simulation systems
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team
Apply your talent where it counts as a Modelling and Simulation (M&S) Engineer based in Edinburgh, South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and are still hiring. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best HF capability for Australia and our international customers.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking an experienced and talented Engineer to join our expanding M&S team.
The Joint Survivability Tactics Validation Program (JSTVP) has been initiated to provide defence against threats that use the Electro Magnetic Spectrum (EMS) to target Australian Defence Force (ADF) units. Examples of these threats are missiles which are guided by radar frequency or electro-optic seekers, and laser guided weapons.
The program aims through synthetic trials to simulate various engagements to support assessments of susceptibility of ADF platforms (both maritime and land) against these threats.
This opportunity will see you:
- Contribute to the development of the JSTVP project modelling & simulation environment through:
- Understanding of the M&S requirements
- Development of system models
- Verification and Validation of System Models
- Execution of virtual trials
- Contribute to the generation of technical documents
- Develop knowledge and understanding in the M&S as pertains to EW evaluation
- Provide mentoring of more junior members of the team
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Strong understanding in software engineering principles and software development
- Understanding of and solving problems abilities in the complex mathematical domain
- Ability to actively engage and contribute to tasks within the JSTVP programs team
- Ability to work independently while maintaining focus and motivation
- High level of communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to document and generate technical reports
- Significant experience in C and C++ programming
- Experience working within an Agile framework, using tools such as Cmake, etc.
- Experience in MATLAB programming
- Experience in the use of GIT repository tools or similar
- Currently holds a Negative Vetting 1 clearance or ability to obtain (essential)
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Adrianne Nava, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.