Senior Project Controller | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2021|
- Utilise your cost analysis skills in this key role
- Long term permanent opportunity on the Hunter Class program
- 9 day fortnight with a flexible and supportive environment
The largest surface shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in South Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Project Controller with our Maritime Australia PMO - Management Services team based in the Osborne Naval Shipyard.
About the Opportunity
As a member of the Management Services team on our Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP), you will partner with the Supply Chain Project team to gather and analyse project data, information, metrics and analytics including Earned value management (EVM) to enable effective project management and decision making.
Your Key responsibilities will incorporate both Project Controls, Reporting and Performance Management:
- Maintain the Contract Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS) on behalf of the Supply Chain IPT and provide assurance that it reflects the obligations contained within the HCFP Head Contract agreement.
- Support the Supply Chain Control Account Management (CAM) community to assure high standards of Control Account management with appropriate cost and schedule analysis.
- Lead contributions to reporting, internal reviews and external reviews for the Supply Chain IPT.
- Manage the delivery of EVM project reporting and analysis data to the project on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Provide assurance that the CWBS reflects the obligations contained within the HCFP Head Contract agreement
- Maintain Performance Measurement Baseline control across the Supply Chain Control Accounts,
- Establishment and maintenance of Work Package budgets and EV techniques across the Supply Chain IPT work-scope.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience working within a project cost / accounting environment using Earned Value Management in defence or a complex engineering/ infrastructure program
- Proven analysis experience of Project data to identify problems and issues early and support the development of timely and effective solutions.
- A strong attention to detail with the ability to see patterns, trends or missing pieces and communicate these to varied audiences
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to communicate and articulate information with senior stakeholders in a clear and effective manner
- Ability to lead and mentor developing members of the team
- Experience using Primavera 6, Open Plan or Cobra will be highly regarded, however skills in other EVM tools such as Ecosys and Prism will be considered
- Flexibility to work with both Australia and UK based stakeholder teams and time zones.
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At BAE Systems Maritime Australia we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.