Software Manager (Combat Systems) | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Dec-2021|
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Software Manager (Combat Systems) in our BAE Systems Maritime Australia team based at Osborne Shipyard, Adelaide, or Melbourne CBD.
About the Opportunity
The purpose of this role is to act under the direction of the Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP) Combat System (CS) Design Assurance Manager as the Software Manager (Combat Systems). You will be responsible for planning, coordinating and managing software assurance activities for the HCFP.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Define and implement software assurance processes to enable proactive identification of vendor software quality issues and strategies for rectification.
- Define and implement mechanisms for assessing vendor software quality risk.
- Monitor and report on software assurance status and quality metrics.
- Support engineering teams in the assessment of software quality, including product safety and product security.
- Support the project Design Authorities in assessing software design within systems as it affects compliance, legal and regulatory obligations.
- Support development of vendors product contractual documentation.
As an ideal applicant for this opportuniy, you'll have:
- Experience of building complex software systems, their development environments and related qualification / certification activities.
- Knowledge of Software Engineering methods and the software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of software frameworks (e.g. CMMI).Australian Citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance to a minimum of NV1.
- Experience with the major Software Engineering process standards.
- Sound knowledge and experience of Software Quality approaches with an awareness of software quality measurement techniques.
- Broad experience across more than one of the lifecycle phases, demonstrating a true through life approach to engineering.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At BAE Systems Maritime Australia we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be made online and addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Maritime Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Maritime Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems Maritime Australia that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.