Project Engineering Manager - Support Systems | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your engineering project management experience to this key role within the JORN program
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Support Systems Project Engineering Manager in our team in Adelaide, SA.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Support Systems Project Manager and with a secondary reporting line to the Acquisition Project Engineering Manager, the Support Systems Project Engineering Manager (PEM) is responsible for managing design, development and delivery of the upgraded JORN Support System including transition from the extant Support System. The PEM is also responsible for technical execution of the Integrated Logistic Support program for the JORN Mission System and facilities requirements analysis.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Responsible for technical execution of the Support Systems project, including direction of technical activity for assurance and certification that the product meets customer and regulatory requirements, and is safe to own and operate within its designed environment
- Lead the project engineering team (approx. 25 people) in the realisation of the engineering solution while optimising cost and schedule
- Identify and manage Technical Risk within the project and support the Project Manager in Risk Management Reviews
- In consultation with the Program Engineering Manager, ensure Design Authorisations are established and maintained for the project
- Act as point of contact with customers to understand requirements, and develop and maintain contract technical solution accordingly, addressing any disparity with the Project Manager
- Undertake detailed planning and estimating to establish (or review and re-establish) the Work Breakdown Structure, Project Schedule, earned value measurement system, and staffing profile for significant program changes or future programs
- Together with Control Account Managers, estimate, plan and manage engineering control accounts
- Review and approve technical aspects of Estimates to Completion (ETCs), i.e. the work plan, estimating inputs (e.g. historical metrics), methodology and estimating outputs
- Review and update Project Engineering Plans as required
- Ensure that the Quality and Safety culture is supported and enforced
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Strong understanding of Support System functions, architecture and operation
- Experience with development and deployment of ICT-based Support System tools and associated processes
- Experience managing transition of Support Systems from old (existing) to new (upgraded)
- Understanding of Integrated Logistics Support processes and deliverables
- Proven ability to resolve issues of a complex nature
- Experience in risk management
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost and schedule analysis
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost whilst managing competing demands from multiple stakeholders with limited oversight
- The ability to engage stakeholders and build highly effective working relationships
- Defence security clearance (minimum NV1)
- Hold or be eligible for Register of Professional Engineers – Queensland (RPEQ)
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain required clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Vinodh.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.