Mechanical Engineer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||13-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your Mechanical Engineering experience to this key role within Maritime Sustainment program
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within a strong team culture
Join one of Australia's finest Defence capability as a Mechanical Engineer in our team in Garden Island, NSW
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia. Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Team Lead you will:
- Undertake mechanical system and/or equipment requirements analysis and participate in requirements reviews
- Develop simple mechanical system and/or equipment architectural designs to meet an established set of requirements, including running design reviews with stakeholders in attendance
- Support mechanical systems and/or equipment qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Identify and analyse the mechanical system and/or equipment failures and associated trends
- Independently manage small projects and work with the wider team to deliver larger, multidisciplinary projects.
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality designs and products including interpretation of analysis results
- Utilise test tools effectively to undertake test, integration and verification including diagnosing problems and analysing results
- Ensure all documents generated within own sphere of responsibility are completed and managed in accordance with appropriate standard procedures
- Attend site to support production activities, review construction works and liaise with equipment Suppliers and Manufacturers
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated practical experience in developing Mechanical designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, their integration, validation and qualification testing
- Relevant mechanical degree qualification and satisfy the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- A strong understanding of Design for manufacture, Cost, Safety, Environment
- Proficiency in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Mechanical Design (CAD)
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of HVAC, hydraulic and pneumatic design will be highly valued.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Ayesha.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here:
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.