Supply Chain Sustainability and Process Leader | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Dec-2021|
- Join our dynamic and engaging team
- Bring your innovation and leadership skills to develop a business management system which aligns to strategic objectives delivering value to the business
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual with continuous improvement mindset and leadership skill to join our team as a Supply Chain Sustainability and Process Leader based in Adelaide or Osborne, South Australia or Perth, Western Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain Excellence, you will be responsible leading our Supply Chain Sustainability Strategy and initiatives, ensuring a fit for purpose business management systems, which supports efficient and effective operations and good governance.
More specifically, you will
- Lead the development and implementation of the Supply Chain Sustainability strategy
- Ensure that the business management system includes appropriate social and sustainability policy, controls, metrics, processes
- Lead and support the development of processes that reflect social and sustainability objectives
- Build Social and Sustainable Procurement capability across the procurement teams
- Lead change management activities to embed new ways of working
- Manage short terms project to deliver against functional objectives
- Support the development of the governance framework
- Champion the procurement community of practice, to promote community peer review, collaboration and sharing of work, to achieve overall capability development
- Identify ways to leverage technology and data to understand the social and environmental impact of the supply chain and deliver value to the business
- Collaborate with suppliers on continuous improvement initiatives
- Support the maturation of Supply Chain risk management and supply continuity planning
- Collaborate with legal on standard terms framework, lead the development of the functions Statement of Work, CDRL template library and ongoing changes to reflect new legislation and policy
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree qualification in law, procurement, supply chain management, sustainability or environment related discipline
- Training in lean, six sigma or similar continuous improvement methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in end to end supply chain, procurement, industrialisation and or capture roles with a complex organisation
- Demonstrated ability to elicit business requirements and draft high quality processes
- In depth understanding and experience in developing strategies, business case and leading small projects
- Forward thinking strong communicator coupled with an ability to engage effectively with wide range of stakeholders and customers
- Working knowledge of terms and conditions
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.