Mechanical Engineer - Auxiliary Systems | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer with experience in design/development/build of piping systems to be part of the Hunter Class Frigate Program
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest surface shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history is now underway in Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Mechanical Engineer – Auxiliary Systems in our BAE Systems Maritime Australia team in Adelaide, SA.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia. Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
The Mechanical Engineer – Auxiliary Systems is accountable for the design and development of Mechanical systems and/or equipment in accordance with the contractual and Company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance. This involves the design, development and implementation of Mechanical systems and/or equipment, including interconnection and integration related to the system and/or equipment, installing and managing the system and/or equipment against technical, schedule and cost goals
Reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will:
- Design and deliver the HCF Auxiliary systems design, including all Australian variant specific product changes.
- Develop design specifications under guidance and carry out design activities in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to lead the development and implementation of the HCF piping system within the Stage 1 engineering domain
- Liaise with production and operations personnel to provide engineering advice and direction on technical matters and support the resolution of issues.
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
- Carry out technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the design of improvements.
- Contribute to process improvement within the operational and/or engineering team to deliver continuous improvements in quality, cycle time and asset utilisation.
- Occasional international travel (1-2 trips/year) to UK for knowledge transfer activities with UK based HCF team members, and wider BAE Systems Naval Ships UK team.
- Occasional domestic travel (10-15 trips/year) to visit customer and supplier premises and manufacturing facilities.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in developing Mechanical designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, their integration, validation and qualification testing
- Mechanical Engineering degree qualification and satisfying the requirements for membership of the institute of Engineers Australia
- Experience in the design, development or build of piping systems
- Customer supply chain experience (preferable)
- Proficiency in the use of technology with an advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian Defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At BAE Systems Maritime Australia we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Vinodh.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.