Assistant Accountant | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Dec-2021|
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
Reporting to Accounting Manager (Maritime Sustainment) and working alongside a team accounting professionals, the Assistant Accountant's core focus will be to provide accounting support for BAE's Maritime Sustainment Program.
About the Opportunity
As an ideal applicant for this permanent fulltime opportunity, you'll have had experience across the following accountabilities:
- Previous exposure in raising invoices in accordance with program milestones and/or contractually agreed timings.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting with the preparation of budgets, in support of month end and year end reporting processes
- Demonstrated experience in preparing of regular forecasts, to monitor progress against budgets to highlight project specific risks & opportunities.
- Ad Hoc tasks in support of the Project Accountants and Accounting Manager as required.
- The ability to raise journals for cost adjustments and re-allocations as required
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in finance/accounting preferably commercial or project environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Sound knowledge of budgeting and forecasting with a solution oriented mindset
- Well-developed self-management skills, ability to work under his/her own initiative to prioritise and meet deadlines, engage with stakeholders within and outside his/her immediate team to deliver business requirements
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office especially excel and exposure to Oracle ERP is desirable
- Degree and CPA/CA/CIMA qualification or working towards the qualification is desirable
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Applications should be addressed to: Lidia Morris – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.