Electronics Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Dec-2021|
- Apply your Engineering talent where it counts
- Grow, learn and develop with some of Australia's finest defence professionals
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as an Electronics Engineer in our team based at our Head Office in Edinburgh Parks, SA. If you are not located in Adelaide, a full relocation package can be an option for the right candidate.
About the Opportunities
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of Australian defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security.
Joining to build this complex state-of-the-art Australian capability will provide you with an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
We are seeking multiple Electronics Engineers to help deliver a number of capability enhancements to Software and Hardware systems prior to further Systems Integration.
Depending on your experience, this opportunity will see you:
- Derive electronic system and/or equipment requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and requirements reviews
- Develop electronic candidate solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- Undertake functional analysis to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements
- Develop optimised electronic system and/or equipment detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Undertake electronic system and/or equipment detailed design analysis to identify the optimum design for the defined system and/or equipment architecture
- Undertake the translation of the electronic system and/or equipment design into a manufacturable product and incorporate design for manufacture factors
- Undertake engineering management of the electronic system and/or equipment manufacture from the Electronic implementation
- Undertake the integration and validation of the electronic system and/or equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Electronic engineering or technology degree qualified or equivalent experience and satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Good knowledge of overall engineering development lifecycle.
- Experience in developing electronic equipment designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of Electronic solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross-function team while ensuring specific responsibilities are achieved.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different stakeholders.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ammar Bakos, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here:
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.