Project Controller | QLD-Portsmith
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||13-Dec-2021|
About the Opportunity
BAE Systems provides Hydrographic In Service Support (HISS) to the Royal Australian Navy in Cairns. We manage the in service support requirements of Hydrographic Ships, Survey Motor Launches and Survey Motor Boats. Collectively, the team manages scheduled maintenance, engineering configuration changes and ad-hoc support requirements to support this fleet.
You will play a critical role on the HISS project, with the opportunity to utilise your experience in project cost and scheduling whilst continuing to grow and develop professionally.
In more specific terms you will:
- Act as a champion in Earned Value Management (EVM) and schedule development and ongoing/management across the program
- Establish and maintain fully integrated schedule and cost baselines
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide expert assistance to project teams in the use of cost and schedule tools, ideally in Open Plan Professional and Cobra
- Assist stakeholders with the development of appropriate product based Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Ensure schedules are compliant to internal company governance and include a logically linked, fully resourced schedule, that is capable of displaying a valid critical path
- Identify and assess project cost and schedule challenges, provide guidance to the project teams and assist with implementing best solutions
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- Demonstrated cost schedule analysis or project controls experience using Earned Value Management or similar
- Complex program experience preferred, ideally in a defence environment
- Experience using Open Plan Professional (OPP) and Cobra is preferred
- An ability to see patterns, trends or missing pieces and communicate these to varied audiences
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to communicate and articulate information with senior stakeholders in a clear and effective manner
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Baseline defence security clearance
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane Talent Acquisition Lead and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Julie.email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.