Maintenance Planner | QLD-Portsmith
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Permanent role with a reputable Defence company and an opportunity for career development
- Enjoy flexible work arrangements and a strong team culture
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Planner to join our team based in Portsmith, QLD.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Maintenance Support Lead, you will be responsible for planning and scheduling a program of work associated with preventative/corrective maintenance and facilitating engineering change and technical support activities for the Hydrographic fleet.
Key responsibilities will see you:
- Undertake planning processes and activities relating to external maintenance periods in accordance with the maintenance management plan
- Participate in the development of the annual plan of work for maintenance activities
- Development of contracted planning deliverables for each identified maintenance availability
- Development of work instructions and technical repair specifications to enable competent and authorised repairers to undertake required work of corrective maintenance tasks
- Provide support to maintenance activity variations, additions and growth work
- Assist in the identification of risks related to delivery of the maintenance period, including impacts to ships certification
- Attend and contribute to planning meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to process improvements (including use of Lean Six Sigma and similar tools)
- Perform other planning and project related tasks as required
As an ideal applicant, you'll have:
- A trade or tertiary qualification in relevant field
- Proficient in the use of MS Office programs including Project, Excel and Word
- Proven experience using Asset Maintenance Planning Systems or similar
- Demonstrated experience working in a Defence, operations or engineering environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good initiative and self-management skills and ability to deliver outputs to time and quality
BAE Systems' advanced Defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
Applications should be addressed to: Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.