Cyber Security Governance Manager | Location - Flexible
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2022|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- Leadership role with a focus on Cyber Security Compliance & Assurance across BAE
Apply your talent where it counts as a Cyber Security Governance Manager in our IM&T Infrastructure & Security based in the Adelaide CBD, Melbourne VIC, or Canberra ACT.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As the Cyber Security Governance Manager, you will lead the Compliance & Assurance team and will be responsible for ensuring BAE Systems Australia meets its Cyber security compliance obligations against the Australian Government Information Security Manual, maintains its classified network accreditations and compliance against required Australian, UK and US compliance and regulatory frameworks.
You will work with the Cyber Security Operations team to ensure a continuous monitoring approach to compliance and assurance is developed for classified and unclassified networks.
You will provide technical leadership, advice and strategic direction on all matters relating to Compliance and Assurance.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Collaborate with the Cyber Security Architecture team to ensure network upgrades, modifications and new environments will achieve compliance with minimal operational overhead
- Collaborate with the Cyber Security Support team and other IM&T groups to provide leading advice on meeting the compliance obligations of relevant frameworks
- Ensure classified networks for which IM&T is system owner are accredited by the relevant accreditation body and maintain their accreditation
- Prepare and maintain ICT accreditation documentation and ensure it remains current
- Ensuring when the ISM or other compliance frameworks are updated, that classified and unclassified networks are reviewed and corrective actions are proposed to ensure continuing compliance
- Engage with relevant accreditation bodies and maintain an ongoing relationship
- Ensure the completion of compliance activities for classified and unclassified networks, including compliance audits, reviews and tracking and reporting remediation activities associated with internal, and external ICT security compliance regimes i.e. Defence Federal Acquisitions Regulations (DFARS), Defence Cyber Protection Partnership (DCPP), Cyber Essentials
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in managing and developing a high performance cyber security team to provide outstanding deliverables and customer service
- Demonstrated experience in Cyber Security with a particular focus on compliance and assurance to cyber security standards and frameworks
- Experience in certification and accreditation of computing environments
- Detailed understanding of the Information Security Manual (ISM), Defence Security Manual (DSM), the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and the Information Security Registered Assessors Program (IRAP) certification process
A degree in information technology and industry certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or other relevant industry certifications is essential in the role.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and hold an active negative vetting level 1 defence security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Eebenezer, Talent Acquisition Specialist IM&T and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.