Financial Accountant | SA-Flinders Street
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Dec-2022|
BAE's Improvement and Insights vision is to provide business value by delivering business intelligence solutions through close partnerships with our stakeholders. In support of this we are seeking a highly skilled Business Intelligence Developer for a permanent fulltime position.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
Due to continued growth we are seeking a highly experienced permanent Financial Accountant. Reporting to Team Lead the Financial Accountant is accountable for ensuring the accurate accounting and reporting of financial transactions to ensure integrity and transparency of financial data to facilitate informed planning and decision-making.
About the Opportunity
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have exposure to the following accountabilities:
- Preparation & lodgement of statutory accounts for all Australian legal entities
- Preparation and management of payroll & labour costing reconciliations, ensuring accurate labour costing reporting across the business
- Analytical reviews & transition of reconciliations into the General Ledger team as required
- Preparation & review of balance sheet reconciliations as required
- Driving process improvement activities & projects within the General Ledger & Fixed Asset team as required
- Providing assistance to Financial Reporting for monthly, half and year end reporting to the parent entity
- Providing assistance to Treasury related activities as required
- Providing assistance to the General Ledger & Fixed Asset Team Lead, including holding delegations in times of absence
- Providing cover for the Assistant Financial Accountants and other team members in times of absence & peak periods Assistance with internal and external audit queries
- Assistance in ensuring the team's compliance with internal controls & governance, including the Finance Policies Manual & relevant Process Manuals & Standard Procedures
- Liaising with various functions & business units in relation to General Ledger & Fixed Asset activities
- Address any ad-hoc queries in relation to General Ledger & Fixed Assets as required
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to use integrated financial/ERP systems effectively
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peers and internal/external customer
- Ability to manage and prioritise own work activities to meet finance team deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively under limited supervision
- Ability to use good written and verbal communication skills is important to this role
- High literacy and numeracy skills
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and Australian International Framework of Reporting Standards (AIFRS)
- Exposure to Oracle ERP desirable
- Degree qualifications
- CA or CPA qualified
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Applications should be addressed to: Lidia Morris – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.