System Architect | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2022|
- The opportunity to contribute to the Systems Architecture on Australia's largest ever naval ship building program
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- Fixed Term Opportunity based in South Australia
Apply your talent where it counts as a System Architect on Australia's largest ever naval ship building program the “Hunter Class Frigate Program” at the Osborne Naval Shipyard.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
This is an opportunity to join Australia largest ever naval ship building program at an exciting time where you can contribute to the establishment of a world class digital shipyard leveraging the latest industry 4.0 technologies and laying the foundations for Australia's continuous naval shipbuilding enterprise for generations to come.
As System Architect you will map the current state and the target state of the overall system architecture. This includes the hardware and software which underpin the solutions that deliver functional capability to the Hunter Class Frigate Program.
In addition to this as System Architect you will be responsible for:
- Guiding the technical design process and ensuring the technical solution addresses business/customer requirements.
- Identifying technology improvement opportunities and ensuring the underlying infrastructure of the environment is stable, scalable and automated.
- Identifying & documenting application infrastructure requirements in collaboration with SMEs from Application, Infrastructure & Cyber Security teams.
- Working with the Strategy and Architecture team with the production and execution of a technology strategy
- Ensuring that technology design solutions are aligned with established architecture framework.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience leading design activities for complex systems and applications and ability to produce high-level and low-level technical design artefacts
- Broad experience across a range if server, storage and virtualisation infrastructure platforms including hyper-converged.
- Knowledge of common database platforms and application architectures
- Knowledge of common operating systems including Windows 2016/2019, Red Hat 7/8, Oracle Linux 7/8
- Knowledge of networking and security including L2/L3, micro-segmentation, firewalls, encryption,
- Knowledge of Citrix VDI solutions
- Knowledge of Operational Technology environments ie ICS/SCADA
- Knowledge of cyber security including ability to interpret and apply relevant frameworks to system designs.
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 defence security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer, Talent Acquisition Specialist IM&T and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.