Software Engineer/Developer | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Feb-2022|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Interesting and challenging software engineering work on Nulka, Australia's most successful Defence export
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Software Engineer/Developer in our team in Richmond, Melbourne and working on the Nulka program.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
An exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen for a seasoned Software Engineer/Developer to be an integral member within the Nulka anti-ship missile defence system program. You will be part of an inclusive and supportive team, performing interesting work and will be employed on a permanent and full time basis. Our Richmond office is easily accessible by public transport and close to other facilities.
This opportunity will see you:
- Deliver software engineering work packages and artefacts using the complete software development lifecycle
- Perform software requirements analysis and write specifications
- Undertake architectural and detailed designs of software components
- Design, implement and test solutions to software issues
- Deploy and test your software changes on target hardware in a test and integration laboratory
- Create and update software documentation and software test procedures
- Manage the Nulka project infrastructure and tooling
- Seek and share good practice and knowledge to continuously improve software engineering practices
- Collaborate with the wider engineering team and independently review peer's work
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Software engineering/development experience across the complete Software Development Lifecycle
- A University degree level qualification in an appropriate discipline
- A good understanding of software design principles and clean software code heuristics in application software development
- Experience in developing software in a variety of technologies such as C++, C, Python, MATLAB, Ada languages or object orientated design
- Attention to detail, good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to mentor other team members
Whilst not essential, familiarity with software programming in embedded systems will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here. Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.