Calibration Technician | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jan-2022|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- An exciting opportunity to work and manage multiple calibrated equipment
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and are still hiring. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia and our international customers.
About the Opportunity
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the facilitation of mechanical and electrical measuring/testing equipment (M&ET) which requires independent calibration status. Apply your talent as a Calibration Technician within our quality team based in our office in Edinburgh, South Australia.
This opportunity will see you:
- Input and output reporting of the calibration databases
- Physical measurement of M&TE using national/international traceable artefacts
- Generate calibration test reports in line with external standards and internal process instructions
- Manage the recall report and distribute to custodians
- Manage the delinquency report and distribute to custodians
- Manage the retention of calibration certificates
- Adjustment of mechanical and electrical M&TE to maintain acceptable working parameters.
- Communicating with external calibration houses
- Prioritize M&TE to ensure uninterrupted flow of product to minimize impact to production
- Manage the respective calibration labs with regard to housekeeping and logistics
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated background and experience in electrical (essential)
- Intermediate computer skills
- The ability to be able to multi-task and understand changing priorities
- The ability to obtain or currently hold a Baseline clearance (essential)
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Adrianne Nava, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts