Cyber Security Analyst | SA-DSTG
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2022|
- Apply your talent where it counts in one of our nation's most significant Defence capabilities.
- Develop your Cyber Security skills in a complex and unique security environment with focus on process improvement, vulnerability & incident management and system continuous monitoring
- Provide security services, advise, document and contribute to quality evidence and formal security accreditation
Apply your talent where it counts as a Cyber Security Analyst in a small dynamic security team located in Adelaide.
With team responsibilities across multiple areas, scope exists for a passionate security professional to develop and apply their skills in vulnerability analysis & patch management, system monitoring / assurance activities, contributing to security calendar operations and formal Defence security documentation.
In the Cyber Security team, you will undertake & transform security services and authorisation processes and advise on good security practices to improve the existing security profile using the Australian Government Information Security Manual and relevant NIST standards.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide good security practice and services to various IT infrastructure teams
- Work closely with ICT project teams and take responsibility in providing security guidance for solution delivery
- Become part of the internal Cyber Security team, develop and monitor Compliance to continuously improve cyber controls
- Work with the Lead Cyber Security Architect in implementing Plan of Action & Milestones security program
- Assist in the preparation of formal Defence security documentation
- Be involved in external and internal stakeholder's engagement as required to drive security solutions
These security activities are underpinned by a developing Continuous Monitoring & Assurance program (CONMON) and the security documentation required to support Defence ICT Security Certification & Accreditation processes.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A passion for ICT security and familiar with Linux and Windows operating systems, network infrastructure and common enterprise applications (Microsoft outlook, office, active directory etc).
- Previous experience in the ICT security field with an interest in vulnerability & patch management, audit / assurance (Tenable Nessus) or security continuous monitoring / logging systems such as Splunk.
- Highly desirable: Familiarity with Defence security accreditation documentation, (SOA, SSP, SRMP), the Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM) and Defence Security Principles Framework (DSPF)
- Seen favourably: Exposure and a basic understanding of NIST Cyber Security frameworks and Secure Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) hardening standards
- Enjoy providing and tailoring security requirements guidance to ICT teams, understanding needs and supporting security principles & standards
- Good communication skills, strong customer focus and an ability to utilise negotiation skills and manage potential conflicts
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills
- Professional Cyber Security certifications or training is desirable
- Cyber Professional certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or GSEC SANS or others as relevant will be highly regarded.
BAE Systems' has provided advanced defence technology solutions to protect people and enhance national security for more than 65 years. BAE Systems continues to search for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
Our culture is safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV2 clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.