Production planner | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Feb-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Support the implementation within Manufacturing using your technical expertise
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Production Planner within our Red Ochre Labs based in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a Production Planner you may be required to:
- Work closely with Production Manager on capacity strategy, project direction to ensure resource, materials and machines are available.
- Generate production schedule covering short-term horizon.
- Respond to product delivery requests from customers and internal stakeholders.
- Review production schedule integrity and drive raw material / WIP expediting; pro-actively highlight schedule risks and work with manufacturing, engineering and procurement stakeholders on issue resolution.
- Analyse short-term impact to production schedule driven by unplanned manufacturing downtimes/product issues and recommends recovery plan as required.
- Assist in maintaining MRP related planning parameters. Troubleshoots system errors related to planning parameters, BOM & route as it happens.
- Collects and assess data about production progress & project status and prepares report for team review.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Previous experience in production scheduling/production planning role (2 to 3 years)
- APICS qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of ERP and shopfloor management.
- Practical knowledge and experience in manufacturing capabilities, process technologies and related business information systems.
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost.
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Challenges status quo and open to change
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
- Eligible for Negative Vetting Level 1 (NV1) Security Clearance
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Hector Rodriguez made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits