Accounting Manager - Projects | VIC-Richmond
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Jan-2022|
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting and unique opportunity for an Accounting Manager to lead a team of passionate Project Accountants as well as partner with our operational delivery leads to support with critical financial performance and decision making for sophisticated missile defence programs at BAE Systems Australia and part of Australia's largest defence export. These projects are undertaken across both Richmond, Victoria and Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, you will be responsible for directing, planning, monitoring and controlling all aspects of the financial operations for multiple enterprise programs including NULKA (active missile decoy for used aboard Royal Australian Navy and United States Navy warships) to achieve optimum financial success whilst meeting the strategic business objectives.
As a lead you will also play a pivotal role in leading a dynamic team of Senior/Project Accountants to ensure the provision of quality service which also meets the accounting and reporting requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
More specifically, you will be accountable for:
- The preparation and presentation of monthly results, rolling forecasts, Contract Schedule Reviews, risk and opportunity reports, cash flow projections and other relevant information at Business Unit Reviews.
- Ensure new business opportunities, tenders for work and investment/CAPEX proposals carry financial integrity and are prepared in accordance with all corporate governance requirements.
- Ensure sound cash management including rolling cash forecasts, foreign currency management and guarantees.
- Coordinate the preparation of Integrated Business Plan and annual budgets for relevant areas and manage the consolidation and presentation of the plan for the entire business
- Drive and challenge financial performance of all major projects in delivering its commitments against agreed performance targets including sales, profit and cash.
- Provide financial and management accounting advice, direction and decision support to the business unit, line of business, Project Accountants and Project Managers in the achievement of business objectives.
- Providing financial management advice and expertise to the line(s) of business management team, project accountants and project managers.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Excellent knowledge of budgeting and cost analysis, as well as a strong understanding of financial and management accounting practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience of adapting these styles to audiences at varying organisational levels
- Ability to drive and challenge the financial performance of the business in delivering towards agreed financial performance targets
- Ability to understand, analyse and communicate the financial results of the business and financial consequences of specific initiatives/plans
- Ability to work in a team environment and lead and manage team members by adapting style to account for individual differences and motivators.
- Professional Accountant with CA or CPA qualifications.
- Degree qualified or equivalent
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lidia Morris & Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Lidia.Morris@baesystems.com.au
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits