Procurement Officer - F35 | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Feb-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Great opportunity to grow your career with a defence industry leader in procurement area
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity, collaboration and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a rewarding opportunity as a Procurement Officer within Aircraft Sustainment and Training Program based in Williamtown, New South Wales. This role provides the flexibility of the mix of working from home and office.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national and international significance whilst growing your skills
Your new role:
Reporting to the Procurement Manager – Aircraft Sustainment and Training, you will get an opportunity to work for a world class project and be responsible to establish, place and manage the appropriate contracting arrangements with capable suppliers to deliver cost, schedule, and quality and safety requirement of the business. This also includes building effective relationship and managing performance of the suppliers to maximize value and minimize risk.
More specifically, you will
- Manage the procurement elements of bids and tenders, supplier evaluation process and support sourcing recommendations, on behalf of the business
- Lead supplier negotiations and finalise supplier agreements and purchase orders
- Ensure adherence to contractual obligations through effective commercial management, including payments, claims, warranties, cash flow, and flow down of contract amendments
- Proactively manage the performance of suppliers to achieve the requirements of the contract from a schedule, cost and quality perspective, developing and embedding the relevant key performance indicators
- Identify and manage supplier risks and opportunities, including those of supplier's supply chains
- Proactively engage with key suppliers to enhance capability and efficiency
- Provide support to the management of cross business commodities and provide management reports as required
- Generate and manage the lifecycle management procurement plan and subcontract management plan
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in procurement and/or supply chain is essential
- Sound commercial acumen with a proven capability in negotiation with an ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer requirements
- Confident oral and written communicator coupled with an ability to build effective relationships with business representatives, customers and suppliers
- Strong stakeholder management skill, results orientated, focusing on the key objectives and striving for effective outcomes
- Experience in using Ultramain and Oracle is preferred
Whilst, not essential, degree qualification in procurement/supply chain or commercial discipline, with professional procurement qualification or a membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) is desirable
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au