Commercial Manager Capture | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||13-Feb-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Leadership opportunity for seasoned Commercial Manager to join the leading defence organisation and drive the commercial outcomes
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity, collaboration and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a rewarding leadership opportunity as a Commercial Manager within our Aircraft Sustainment and Training Program based in Williamtown, New South Wales, Sydney based candidates are also welcome to apply for this role as it provides the flexibility of the mix of working from home and office.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national and international significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager, you will be responsible to provide commercial guidance for our Aircraft Sustainment Training projects and bids, including managing significant commercial issues and leading commercial negotiations.
As a member of the leadership team, this position contributes to the overall management of the business, the delivery of project outcomes, and the achievement of strategic aims and financial goals.
More specifically, you will
- Manage commercial terms and conditions and provide guidance to project on compliance with contract, Australian government and foreign government requirements for the management of intellectual property, controlled technology and classified information and data
- Manage and foster engaging relationship with internal / external customers and cross business and functional requirements
- Attend and contribute to phase reviews, bid approval reviews and contract status reviews
- Identify and manage commercial risks and liabilities, develop cost-effective means of managing those risks and implement appropriate mitigation measures
- Oversee with issues of foreign exchange, escalation, payment arrangements, guarantees and insurance
- Prepare negotiating strategies and lead negotiating teams on commercial issues
- Drive BAE Systems' commercial policies and practices, including the assurance of adherence to functional governance requirements
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree qualification in law, commerce, project management or business is preferred
- Demonstrated commercial experience including leadership experience preferably in defence or engineering organisations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill with good understanding on defence industry and new business process
- Strong communicator and negotiator with an ability to engage effectively with wide range of stakeholders and customers
- Sound commercial acumen with an ability to influence stakeholders to generate business benefits whilst maintaining key relationships
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au