Senior Systems Safety Engineer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- Rewarding Senior Safety Engineer opportunity to work on a key role within the maritime sustainment project
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a exciting opportunity as a Senior Systems Safety Engineer within our Hobart Class DDGbased in Garden island, Sydney.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The Senior Safety Engineer is accountable and responsible for both the provision of the end to end engineering process and the technical authorisations of engineering work in the area of system safety.
You will support the Safety Case Manager in creating the in-service Safety Management System (SMS) and assuring the key elements of the System Safety Program Plan (SSPP) are embedded and operating effectively throughout the DDG Enterprise
Reporting to the Compliance Assurance Manager you will:
- Deliver services with limited supervision of day-to-day tasking and be capable of working autonomously on system safety deliverables
- Maintain the System Safety Program for the Hobart Class DDGs
- Work with the DDG Safety Case Manager and the Compliance Assurance Manager to coordinate System Safety activities within the Transition Support Period
- Lead (in conjunction with the DDG Safety Case Manager) the identification and assessment of hazards, and the development of mitigation strategies, associated with Hobart Class Safety Case
- Maintain the Project's Hazard Log and supporting documentation
- Be accountable for the maintenance and administration of Hazardous Chemical and Problematic Source registers (including the development of Hazard Risk Assessments) and their integration into the Defence ChemAlert system
- Prepare internal and external reports on the Project's system safety
- Work with Navy, and other DDG Enterprise members to develop and maintain a positive and safety conscious culture within the DDG Enterprise
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience working directly in System safety engineering
- Degree level qualifications in Safety or other engineering discipline and engineering experience enabling eligibility for admission to the Institution of Engineers Australia, as a Chartered Professional Engineer
- In depth knowledge of Systems Engineering frameworks and their application in Defence contracts
- Experience in management of Hazardous Chemicals
- Excellent Risk Assessment / analysis skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
- As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
- Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
- Applications should be addressed to: Ben Woodrow, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering and made online here.
- Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Ben.Woodrow@baesystems.com
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au