Software Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Opportunities to further your career in Software Development within the defence industry
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have multiple opportunities for Software Engineers within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based in Edinburgh, South Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking experienced Software Engineers to join our team.
As a Software Engineer, you will bring with you demonstrated previous skills and experience in the development of specialised software systems.
Working within a team environment and under limited supervision, the Software Engineer shall complete own engineering activities in accordance with the relevant project procedures and work instructions. The Software Engineer may also be asked to provide leadership to a small team and/or the provision of mentoring to other team members.
Within our JORN software team, you'll work on areas such as UX development, SW design and architecture, calibration, interfacing with HW and signal processing. We have a growing team with the opportunity to constantly learn and carve out your niche in an area that interests you. You'll have interaction with many other teams and stakeholders such as RAAF operators and JORN maintainers, as well as engineers in other disciplines. We're a strong team that takes pride in what we do and how we work together, with a lot to offer a software engineer looking to expand their skillset.
This opportunity will see you
- Accountability for the delivery of allocated Software Engineering work packages and artefacts
- Where appropriate, identify and exercise Software Engineering reuse opportunities
- Undertake all assigned Software Engineering activities in accordance with the identified project directives and standards
- Develop Software Engineering related documentation in accordance with appropriate standards
- Provide regular status information to the relevant Team Lead and/or Project Manager as required
- Work effectively as part of a Software Engineering team and provide guidance and mentoring to other team members as required
- Provide support to other teams or individuals with regards to interface to and reuse of developed software components
- Assist in the development of project infrastructure such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development
- Identify opportunities for the improvement of Software Engineering practices.
- Responsible for complying with the requirements of the BAE Systems Quality Systems as they relate to your areas of activity
- Responsible for providing input and offering recommendations for the improvement of Company processes and standard procedures
- Provide technical support to the use of ‘best practice' software engineering standards, processes and methods
- Identify process improvement opportunities and recommend outcomes
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated previous experience in the software engineering discipline including
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Working knowledge of C/C++ programming language
- Previous experience with object oriented programming
- Previous experience working in a Scrum / Agile environment
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ben Woodrow – Talent Acquisition Specialist-Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ben.Woodrow@baesystems.com
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits