GRADUATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Jul-2022|
- Start in February 2023
- Get your graduate career off to a great start!
- Tailored graduate program
About BAE Systems Australia:
BAE Systems Australia develops the latest technologies, capabilities and infrastructure to protect the men and women of the Australian Defence Force. As a graduate, you'll play a role in helping us to deliver this, supporting multi-billion dollar programs across every Australian Defence domain – air, land, sea and space.
About our Graduate Program:
Our graduates have always enjoyed tailored career plans, extensive training and development opportunities, mentoring and competitive salaries. That's not going to change. Nor will our passion for inclusion, respect and supporting you to ensure your career has the best start possible.
For many disciplines we are changing to provide more choice and opportunity for career success and we couldn't be more excited!
From 2023 our graduate program will be offered in two streams:
- Non-rotational – for graduates who would prefer to go directly into a fixed role
- Rotational – for graduates who are excited by the opportunity to try a few different things before setting their focus on a longer term role
Based on the feedback from our current graduates, we're also extending the program from two to three years with longer rotations which will allow for more meaningful, challenging work, providing you with a more enriched development experience.
Graduates in both streams will enjoy the same structured development program, annual salary reviews and the support of Graduate Program Support Manager. Regardless of the stream, your career will be off to a great start.
About the opportunity:
As a Graduate Software Engineer, whilst developing yourself, you will directly contribute to Software engineering activities in accordance with the relevant project engineering processes
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Design, implement, integrate, test and install software for complex mission and safety critical systems in accordance with appropriate standards
- Assist in the development of project development infrastructure such as analytical tools and performance metrics
- Participate in technical reviews and provide regular status information to line management
- Document design decisions and develop integration and verification procedures to demonstrate compliance to requirements and incorporation into parent mission systems
- Comply with the requirements of the BAE Systems Quality Systems as they relate to your areas of activities
These opportunities will be available in:
- Adelaide, SA
- Melbourne, Vic
This function is offering placements in both rotational and non-rotational streams. The rotational stream will see you undertake three one year placements, giving you an appreciation of different areas of the business and the non-rotational stream will see you enjoying stability and the opportunity to develop deep knowledge of that domain. You'll have the opportunity during your application to confirm which stream you prefer or if you would like to be considered for both.
Depending on your degree, you may be considered for adjacent disciplines that enables flexibility throughout the graduate program.
To be eligible, you must be due to complete in 2022 (or have already completed) a university degree qualification in Software Engineering / Computer Science Engineering or an appropriate discipline.
You will also need demonstrated team work and communication skills coupled with a desire to grow and learn. Due to the nature of our work, you'll also need to be an Australian citizen and eligible for Australian Defence security clearance.
Applications will close on Sunday 10th July, 2022.
Applications must be made on line, addressed to Vinodh Sounder Rajan and must include:
- Current resume and cover letter
- Academic transcripts to date (does not need to be official)
Unfortunately applications without a current resume and copy of an academic transcript cannot be considered.
What next? In terms of next steps; shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a video interview. Subsequent stages of the recruitment process may include attending an interview (online or face to face), completing a psychometric assessment in addition to pre-employment health assessments for some roles. As the process unfolds, we will keep you informed as to the status of your application. We will also invite your feedback at the conclusion of the process no matter the outcome.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive start to your career awaits.