SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST - DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Jun-2022|
- All Systems GO! Drive the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Work with key stakeholders to influence strategic business solutions for key Digital Transformation programs
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Business Analyst within our Maritime Australia based in the Osborne Naval Shipyard.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
You will be working within the Digital Transformation team that is responsible for identifying and implementing solutions that will enable our Digital Shipbuilding transformation
Your role will be fundamental to the successful transition of projects into the business, you will be responsible for all aspects of the business analyst role throughout the project lifecycle; including requirements development and management, process mapping, stakeholder engagement and management, testing and implementation activities.
More specifically you will:
- Develop and execute a plan of work including stakeholder identification, determining analysis techniques, analysis activities including identification and consideration of external factors that will impact requirements
- Execute and manage the requirements analysis process through eliciting, prioritising and classification of business requirements
- Execute and manage the process through which business requirements are analysed to determine and justify validated innovative solutions that are feasible, cost effective, meet business goals, objectives and deliver value
- Execute and manage activities associated with the development, testing, delivery and transition of a solution for business acceptance including collaboration with Change and Training teams to successfully deliver change to the business
- Establish a positive working relationship with IM&T groups to enable a strong team working environment that is aligned on approach and solution delivery against the roadmaps and the digital direction of the program
- High levels of engagement and management of stakeholders from all areas of the business throughout the project lifecycle (expectation of high levels of face to face engagement)
- Provide guidance and advice on current technology initiatives and business analysis techniques, and proactively seek ways to improve the way the team delivers services and capability to the business or customer
- Be an integral team member, involved in the evolution of the Digital Transformation team, processes, initiatives and the digital landscape of BAE Systems Maritime Australia
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience as a Senior Business Analyst preferably on large digital transformational projects spanning multiple business capability domains
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and a strong commitment to understanding and meeting the needs of end users
- Demonstrated expertise in engaging with diverse stakeholder groups at all levels of the business and management
- Demonstrated ability to gather, understand, document and communicate requirements in context of complex interdependent systems of systems
- The ability to undertake proactive analysis and problem solving to identify and develop refinements and process improvements where possible to support the delivery of business improvement through digital
- Demonstrated expertise in coordinating requirements gathering workshops as well as collaborating with teams to drive strategic initiatives from discovery through to implementation (end-to-end)
- Demonstrated knowledge of business analysis governance and data-driven evaluation processes and methodologies
- Business Analyst Certifications (such as CBAP, CCBA, BABOK) and Lean Six Sigma (Green/Black Belt) and experience in Human Centred Design will be an advantage for this role
Whilst not essential, qualifications in business or information technology and certification from the International Institute of Business Analysis and ITIL will be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.