Project Manager - Safety Health and Environment (SHE) | Location - Flexible
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Exciting opportunity for a seasoned Project Manager to lead our Safety Health and Environment software implementation project
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity, collaboration and open-mindedness
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting two years fixed term contract opportunity for seasoned Project Management Professional. Ideally based in Melbourne, the location is flexible for the right talent and full time with an option of working 9 days a fortnight.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national and international significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
Reporting to SHE Reporting and Programs Lead, you will be responsible to engage effectively with stakeholders, lead project team and manage subcontractors/consultants to achieve the desired outcome through the application of project management disciplines in accordance with the BAE Systems Australia PM framework.
This role will appeal to a seasoned Project Management Professional with strong experience in working in complex project environment.
More specifically, you will
- Responsible to plan and deliver complicated to complex projects and provide leadership/guidance to support junior project managers
- Lead the project team to ensure timely activity, integration and efficient use of time and resources to meet requirements
- Foster a positive and collaborative culture between key project stakeholders and project team including the customer, industry partners, subcontractors and suppliers
- Ensure all products and services delivered as part of project are in accordance with the product safety policy and customer requirements
- Establish appropriate key success indictors and recommend trade-offs between scope, quality time and cost
- Complete all closure and wrap up activities upon project completion including lessons learnt and manage project resources to meet the current and future needs
- Provide formal monthly reporting to the Program Manager on project status and any other issues
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree qualification in project management within an engineering organisation
- Demonstrated experience working in project environment with strong communication skill, both written and verbal
- Strong stakeholder engagement and collaboration capability and team orientation with an ability to work with a variety of people
- An ability to negotiate with and influence internal and or customer stakeholders in a way which achieves desired outcomes whilst maintaining key relationships
- Sound knowledge or experience in change management and software implementation
- Proven ability to work with ambiguity, understand problems and use various analytical techniques to identify solutions that are fit for purpose
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements
Whilst, not essential, knowledge or experience in SHE operational environment and safety legislation is desirable
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Defence security clearance maybe required for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist -Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au