Project Controller | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Dec-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Bring your great attitude & proactive approach to a key Defence role
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Project Controller within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
As Project Controller you will be responsible for coordinating the proper use of the company Earned Value Management (EVM) System so that the project management team can adequately monitor and report on project cost, schedule progress and risk status.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a Project Controller you will:
- Assist the project team to establish the initial cost & schedule baseline.
- Establish and maintain a fully integrated Project Schedule and Cost Account detailed schedules.
- Use cost & schedule tools (Open Plan and Cobra).
- Provide EVM project reporting and analysis data to the project team on a monthly basis.
- Assist the project team to undertake performance management using the variance analysis and corrective action planning processes.
- Contribute to the preparation of Schedule Risk Analysis.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Proven performance at a similar level OR experience scheduling or cost analysis
- Ability to see patterns, trends, or missing pieces.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside their immediate team, to implement business requirements.
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost.
- Ability to use good written and verbal communication skills is important to this role.
- Ability to obtain an Australian Defence security clearance.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Monique Marshall Talent Acquisition Team and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.