Software Engineer | NSW-RAAF Base Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Jun-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- An opportunity to have a unique position at the forefront of Health and Usage Monitoring (HUMS) for the F/A-18 Super Hornet, EA-18G Growler and Hawk Mk127 Aircraft.
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
- Be a part of a high performing team that is well regarded throughout BAE as a leader in the industry.
- Become a part of a culture that embraces innovation and forward thinking.
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Software Engineer within our Aircraft, Training and Sustainment team on the F/A-18F, EA-18G and Hawk HUMS project.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Health and Usage Monitoring on the ADF Hornet and Hawk fleets.
Your new role:
- In your new role you will work with other members of the Engineering Team, under the direction of the HUMS Engineering Team Lead to fulfil this responsibility and the specific roles described here-in
- Undertake all assigned software engineering activities in accordance with the identified project directives and standards.
- Undertake requirements analysis and develop detailed design, participating in associated reviews
- Undertake the integration and validation of the design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Support qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Develop software engineering related documentation in accordance with appropriate standards.
- Provide regular status information to the relevant supervisors as required.
- Work effectively as part of a Software Engineering team and provide assistance to other team members as required.
- Assist in the development of project infrastructure such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development.
- Develop innovative ideas that drive efficiencies in project workflow.
- Graduate or Junior Software Engineer with < 5 years' experience
- A Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology degree qualification.
- Experience in developing application and/or website software under the Windows environment using the any of the following languages and frameworks:
- ASP.NET MVC/WebAPI,
- jQuery (and AJAX)
- CSS 3
- Experience in Oracle or Microsoft SQL databases.
- Understanding of future technologies and associated data warehousing, i.e. Advanced Analytics, Artificial Inelegance, Machine Learning, and Big Data, etc.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ben Woodrow Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ben.Woodrow@baesystems.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au