Integrated Baseline Review Project Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Unique Project Management role within our JORN sustainment environment
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a new opportunity as a Integrated Baseline Review Project Manager to join our Battlespace Integrated Solutions team based in Edinburgh Parks, Adelaide.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- JORN now operates on a 9 day fortnight which is a great opportunity to support flexible working
Your new role:
Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, as the Integrated Baseline Review Project Manager for the Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN), you will engage stakeholders, develop a delivery plan, lead Cost Account Managers and Project Controllers to deliver the plan and provide status reporting to management and Customers per agreed outcomes within the cost, schedule and quality constraints, while managing risk and opportunity.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Undertake planning activities including, defining Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) boundaries with the Customer, reviewing Contract inputs including the IBR checklist, Company IBR policy and the JORN Earned Value Management Plan.
- Work with the Project Controllers and CAMs to develop the inputs to the IBR datapack, including the Contract Work Breakdown Structure, Responsibility Assignment Matrix, contract schedule, Control Account workbooks, Risk and Opportunity Register, Measurement Data, and various technical internal and contracted plans.
- Oversee Surveillance Audits of key Acquisition Suppliers in support of the IBR activity.
- Work with the Acquisition Project Manager to determine the CAM priorities in the lead up to IBR whilst concurrently delivering the program outcomes.
- Conduct Analysis and prepare for all process content, training, metrics and operations requiring increased maturity
- Ensure all relevant Commonwealth Evaluation issues are resolved within the IBR tasks and planning
- With the IBR SME, and Program leads, investigate and provide direction on task issues as the schedule is being undertaken
- Manage the delivery of all Surveillance audit and IBR document to the Commonwealth per agreed timing
- Communicate and status the plan to the Commonwealth, JORN Management and key stakeholders
- Support the conduct of the IBR activity, outcomes capture and production of a final report delivery and manage the report actions to agreed closure
- Oversee the process and stakeholders to define closure plans for all Major and Minor actions which are to be agreed with the Commonwealth
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in a project management role
- Demonstrated experience delivering outcomes in a large Project environment
- Demonstrated experience in establishing Project Measurement Baselines, associated Integrated Baseline Reviews, tool Surveillance audits and an understanding of Project Control processes
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management skills, particularly around Cost Account Managers, Project Controllers and Customer and senior Management.
- Experience co-ordinating cross-functional teams
- Specific project management qualifications are not mandatory but vocational/ trade or higher education qualifications in project management and/ or allied disciplines are highly desirable
- Familiarity with Australian Standard 4817 is also desirable
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, a/Talent Acquisition Team Lead - Professionals and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au