Engineering Assessment Structural Engineer | WA-Rockingham
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development and interesting engineering work
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique and exciting opportunity as a Engineering Assessment Structural Engineer, based in Rockingham or Henderson, WA. You will also have the flexibility to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the Engineering Assessment Structural Engineer, you will conduct a range of structural engineering related design and assessment activities, in accordance with relevant procedures and instructions. In addition to this, you will conduct structural engineering reviews to meet project requirements in accordance with applicable Standards and Design Directives.
This opportunity will see you:
- Triage and assess Problem Identification Reports and Task Progress Completion Certificates relating to Structural issues.
- Highlight any safety issues noticed in the performance and function of the product.
- Collaborate with IPT stakeholders to ensure correct prioritisation of structural tasks in refit MWLs.
- Undertake site inspections and verifications as required.
- Attend project meetings and update other team members on work progress and structural issues.
- Provide regular status information to the relevant supervisors as required.
- Advise post design changes as required from production department or client.
- Complete the assigned tasks in accordance with budget schedule and priority.
- Ensure all documents and artefacts generated within own sphere of responsibility are completed and managed in accordance with appropriate standard procedures, work instructions including compliance with the required safety, product change management and quality control processes.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain and maintain to a minimum of Negative Vetting 1.
- Strong time management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Previous experience in developing and implementing structural designs.
- Understanding of risk assessment and management systems.
- Civil/Naval Architecture/Aerospace/Mechanical degree qualified and satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au