Asset Lifecycle Engineer x 2 | WA-Rockingham
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development and interesting systems engineering work
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have 2 unique and exciting opportunities as an Asset Lifecycle Engineer, based in Rockingham, WA. You will also have the flexibility to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
You will be working within the Maritime Sustainment area of our business, as an Asset Lifecycle Engineer you will be responsible for the conduct of strategic Asset Management analyses and activities, balancing technical management and operational capabilities against cost drivers and contractual constraints/limitations of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA).
These opportunities will see you:
- Assess operational data, trends and changes for designated systems. This will include writing reports and responding to investigations.
- Conduct System Reviews for designated systems.
- Upkeep Asset Management Plans to maintain operational effectiveness (reliability, availability and maintainability)
- Develop Asset Optimisation options and prepare business cases.
- Manage implementation of Asset Optimisation recommendations.
- Review peer work, identify risks and unknowns and support planning activities.
- Provide input and recommendations for the continuous improvement of company processes and standard procedure.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain and maintain to a minimum of Baseline.
- Strong time management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Broad technical/engineering background.
- Experience in the maritime maintenance environment (desirable).
- Engineering degree/qualification or experience in the required field.
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering processes.
- Demonstrated data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the application of Integrated Logistics Support, Life Cycle Costing and Total Cost of Ownership principles.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au