Systems Engineer | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Drive the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Join an established team of highly experienced and technical professionals
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer within our aircraft systems engineering development team based in Williamtown, NSW.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a Systems Engineer, you will work with other members of the Systems Team, under the direction and in support of the Systems Engineering Team Leader. You will also support and work with other teams to ensure a systems orientated, integrated approach is taken with respect to the project engineering development and verification activities.
Systems Engineering knowledge and skills are highly desirable, however if you have skills with integrating systems in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Software or Mechatronics it is likely you have already been exposed to systems engineering and may suit this role.
The work scope for this opportunity includes various interesting and exciting projects relating to the Aerospace sector that may include platforms such as Hawk, Joint Strike Fighter and Loyal Wingman. Systems Engineering activates to be under taken will include both on-aircraft capability upgrades and off aircraft systems development. Technologies that you will be exposed to will range from legacy aircraft systems to contemporary Virtual Reality solutions.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and manage system and subsystem requirements, Product Breakdown Structure, design and test documentation among others.
- Undertake engineering activities in compliance with BAE Systems Engineering Lifecycle.
- Perform analysis to define and characterise the system and its components.
- Use domain, discipline and Systems Engineering understanding to ensure products delivered meet their requirements and are fit for purpose.
- Develop work statements and technically manage suppliers (as required).
- Participate in ensuring that the design meets the relevant standards.
- Integrate components in a logical manner to ensure that emergent properties and limitations are managed appropriately.
- Maintain the design and its documentation in accordance configuration processes.
- Independently review work, identify technical risks and support planning activities.
- Comply with the relevant regulation and Quality Systems.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- 4 year Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience within the Engineering discipline with working experience in the technical development and Systems Design of engineering projects.
- Qualifications satisfying the requirements for a member of the Institute of Engineers Australia or equivalent experience.
- Must be eligible to apply for Australian Defence Security Clearance.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Greig.email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.