Systems Security Engineer | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development and interesting work
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a newly created opportunity for a Systems Security Engineer, based in our ACT, Canberra offices. You will also have the flexibility to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the Systems Security Engineer you will work closely with the Air Component – Command and Control Capability System (AC-C2CS) Project Manager(s), Project Engineering Manager and AC-C2CS Project Team members to provide ICT Security support services.
This opportunity will see you:
- Assist with the development and implementation of ICT Security work packages, and contribute to the conduct of investigations into technologies, exploits, security bulletins and information regarding threats that are potentially damaging to AC-C2CS systems, reputation or services.
- Maintain and improve system risk and treatment registers.
- Monitor and improve security accreditation processes.
- Manage stakeholder engagement and prioritise workload for competing client requirements.
- Undertake engineering work under a system lifecycle management framework and in accordance with the customer mandated technical regulatory framework
- Develop, review and maintain Defence security documentation artefacts.
- Undertake engineering work under a system lifecycle management framework and in accordance with the customer mandated technical regulatory framework.
As an ideal applicant for this role, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain and maintain to a minimum of NV2.
- Strong time management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Previous Systems Security Engineering experience.
- Tertiary qualifications and experience in Information Communication Technologies (ICT) and Cyber Security.
- Experience with systems engineering, and all stages of the engineering lifecycle.
- Knowledge of the current Cyber Security landscape, Defence Security standards and requirements, and the architecture of the applicable Defence ICT environment.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au