Project Engineer (Mechanical) - Platform Systems | WA-Rockingham
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-May-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development and interesting systems engineering work
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an opportunity for a Project Engineer (Mechanical) – Platform Systems based in Rockingham, WA. You will also have the flexibility to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As the Project Engineer – Platform Systems (Mechanical) you will be responsible for developing and progressing assigned engineering change proposals through the WAMA (Warship Asset Management Agreement) Engineering Change Management process. You will also act as the Design Acceptance Representative (DAR) within your area of competence and delegation.
This opportunity will see you:
- Develop, review and progress Alliance engineering project documentation (i.e. Scoping Documents/Project Plans).
- Co-ordinate reviews of engineering artefacts delivered for design reviews.
- Provide technical advice within delegation on engineering activities affecting ANZAC Platform (Mechanical) Systems.
- Engage and manage stakeholders within the Alliance Technical Support Network (TSN) on matters affecting ANZAC Platform (Mechanical) Systems.
- Provide advice to improve Asset Management aspects such as maintenance and support practices or procedures with the aim to reduce overall Life Cycle costs for Platform (Mechanical) systems.
- Identify availability periods for installation of engineering change projects.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain and maintain to a minimum of Negative Vetting 1.
- Strong time management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Previous general engineering or systems engineering experience.
- Significant experience implementing change to Mechanical systems.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering to Degree level.
- Proven ability to make sound engineering judgments with superior problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships within Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) and external stakeholders.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au