Work Centre Coordinator | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-May-2022|
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We are excited to invite applications for an experienced Work Centre Coordinator for a 12 month fixed term contract. This role will be responsible for printing and maintaining job cards as per the production schedules for a shop or discipline which are a sub set of the master build schedule, releasing work orders to Production in accordance with the master build schedule and subordinate schedules, located at Henderson, WA.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
About the opportunity:
More specifically, you will be accountable for:
- Assist in the management of the release of work orders to Production, in accordance with the Work Order Release Schedule that describes the contracted work scope for the project
- Assist in the management of the planning of work flow and schedule of work through the work centre in conjunction with the Superintendent, supervision, trade and Material planners
- Support in scheduling the activities of the production planning team in the work centre
- Assist in running the work centre meetings and managing issues to closure in accordance with Production requirements
- Support with the establishment and maintenance of the Contract Work Breakdown Structure in the cost accounting tool
- Assist in the management of the establishment and maintenance of Work Package level budgets for the work centre
- Support in the management of material planning and reconciliation of production material allocation with planned Bill Of Materials (BOM)
- Assist in the management of work centre Stop Work log
- Assist with process reviews and ensure that improvements are embedded in work centre and rolled across to other work centres
- Demonstrated experience in a planning or coordinating role
- The ability to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance of “Baseline” level
- Good communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across project and production teams
- Experience in effective use of Planning process, tools and infrastructure
- A thorough understanding of 'Best Practice' planning processes, methods and tools
- Ability to function confidently within a team environment
- Experience in liaison with the customers and sub-contractors on technical and schedule issues
- To be self-motivated and have a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, in an ever-changing business environment
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lidia Morris, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be submitted online, confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Lidia.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.