Electrical Engineers | VIC-Melbourne Central Office
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Jun-2022|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development and interesting systems engineering work
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a unique and exciting opportunity as an Electrical Engineer, based in Victoria, Melbourne. You will also have the flexibility to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
You will be working within the Maritime Sustainment area of our business, reporting to the Engineering Team Lead. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for the design and development of electrical systems and/or equipment in accordance with the contractual and Company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance.
This opportunity will see you:
- Develop electrical candidate solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews.
- Undertake electronic system and/or equipment detailed design analysis to identify the optimum design for the defined system and/or equipment architecture.
- Undertake the integration and validation of the electrical system and/or equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports.
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality designs and products including interpretation of analysis results.
- Undertake the electrical system and/or equipment product assembly, integration, test and shipping including the product change management and quality control processes.
- Develop Systems Engineering artefacts, design documents and technical reports/procedures.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain and maintain to NV1 level.
- Bachelor of Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- Experience within a comparable Engineering organisation.
- Experience in Power Generation and Distribution Systems, and understanding of electrical/mechanical systems.
- Experience in developing electronic/electrical equipment designs, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of electrical/electronic solutions.
- The capability to think holistically and understand the interactions of equipment and electrical systems both at the system and sub system level.
- Ability to engage and communicate across multiple disciplines and platform groups.
- Strong time management, report writing and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Experience in estimating, planning and scheduling, systems knowledge (Desirable).
- Requirement Analysis / Derivation / DOORS (Desirable).
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au